Monday, August 1, 2011

Every Moment

It has not even been a week since my first success in the single and then our big success in the double (2x) and I feel as though it has been more!  There was little time to celebrate after our race as we immediately set out to prepare ourselves for the biggest race of the year, World Championships (the Olympic qualifier).
For those of you who are reading and are a little confused please do read back in posts, I promise things will make more sense, and the more you read back the more you will learn about me, my sport and the all time coach and fan above.  But for those who need a quick run down on this week here it is:

Tuesday I raced in a 1x for one spot on the sculling team against some speedy competition.  After an almost tie, putting me a close second not far ahead of third, the coaches and powers that be in Rowing Canada decided to give my now partner and I a chance to race for our lives in a time trial (race against the clock).  If we made a standard they set for us we would be considered to race at World Championships.  So to make this quick, we had less than 2 days, 3 workouts to be exact, to get in a boat together and make things work!  As you may have guessed by my comments above, we made the standard and are being given the opportunity to travel and race for our country.  And that brings me to today!

Since our performance last week we have packed several workouts under our belts and have really had to hanker down to make each minute count.  It takes a lot of focus, relaxation, and trust in each other and the coaches to get this all right in time for race day.  I will admit I let my worry get the best of me sometimes, or at least let it creep in.  It is times like those that I have to remind myself of my journey, and the deep feeling I have had since day one that God was leading me to something pretty awesome.  I think I can let a little worry drop off my shoulders, He has not failed me yet despite how many times I seem to fail Him.

I am learning that it takes courage to step out the door sometimes and live the dream that God has for us. And it takes courage to be a disciple, which I believe is what God's Will is for us all, He just finds creative ways for us to do that, such as through passions and talents.  Every time I race I pray for courage.  I pray for the courage to leave my worries behind, and courage to drive my legs down when it hurts the most.  And  I even pray for courage to believe in myself and do crazy things because He tells me I can.  It takes living in the moment and paying attention to every stroke and every detail but in the end if you have taken time to address each stroke for its purpose and importance the end kind of takes care of itself.
I am talking about rowing here but I realize that it is also like our Christian walk.  I use my sport to reach others but my sport itself can teach me about how to approach my life and the people in it.  Each person has a purpose in God's plan.  Each of you have a purpose in even my life.  God does not lead us blindfolded through life, despite what some may think.  He has a purpose for every moment of your day and if you don't relish each of those moments and take hold of the open doors you may miss something spectacular.  It is like a choose your own adventure, so many paths to take, but only one really good ending.

Keep praying, keep loving and GO share it with your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment