Things do not always go as planned. To look at our race on a piece of paper one would not say it was a bad race or something to be ashamed of. But when you look at it compared to a faster boat it becomes a little harder to see what was good and what we can be proud of. I think the biggest feeling I have right now is confusion. I have felt so sure of where I was headed and to be honest I still do feel sure, I am just confused as to the 'how' it will happen. I was not under the illusion that we were going to win the A final but I did feel like we could have made it into the AB semi. I guess once again it is not about my plan but about God's.
I really need to start listening better and not trying to lead the march, I am here to follow not to take part of what I think God is saying and then make up my own journey. The journey and the reward is His.
Although we are disappointed in our result thus far, we are gearing up for a semi-final tonight at 4:14pm. We are of course gearing up to win it and hit the C final hard and dominate that. I am going to go for it and let God figure out the rest. Although winning the C or D final does not bring in a medal or any fame and glory (not that winning anything here gets you much more than self satisfaction) it can help put us in a position for next year and give Rowing Canada something to continue to consider. As I said before I believe in our ability, we just need more time to get it all together. One month of sporadic training (due to injury and illness) is not cutting it.
Thank you so much for your continuing thoughts, prayers and encouragement. I know I say it all the time but when things are great I am pleased to know others are rejoicing with me, and when things are not as planned, I am even more grateful to know I have family and friends cheering on the journey, not to mention proud despite the outcome (it is hard to do this myself in such an environment).
We press on, heads up, legs loaded and ready to race :)
No comments:
Post a Comment