Saturday, August 27, 2011

A photo from home


I have not posted in a few days... of course, but here is a photo from back home to satiate your viewing needs :) I have also posted photos from Italy and Slovenia thus far on Facebook.

Tomorrow is the big day, Race #1. We are in Heat #2 against some tough competition; Germany, Austria, USA, and Great Britain. We find ourselves smack dab in the middle in lane 3 which is a nice place to be to see all around as we race. We feel ready and good about our strategy and look forward to having one race under our belts. Basically we need to be top 2 in this race to go straight to the semi final. But we have a second chance to get to the semi through the repechage (second chance) on Tues where we will have to be top 2 again to continue onto the semi. I will let you know how things play out or you can see for yourself on the World Rowing website.
I am going to save more writing for tomorrow evening but for now please continue prayers, the Lord is faithful and I continue to be reminded of His grace and power. Specifically pray for health, and pain free rowing as we progress through the week, also for the best racing conditions to allow us to do our job best to play out God's will. I feel good about where we are being lead, but it requires us to make tough decisions amidst pain and exhaustion while rowing. God has been a rower in my and our boat before, and I know He will be there again if I let Him be.
Talk to you tomorrow, after racing in the red and white!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment