As those who have been following know, today was the big race off! And boy did we have some great racing.
I will cut to the chase on this one because I am pretty beat and I am sure you really just want to know the results haha.
So after wondering if the wind would hold 'calm' for us we got to racing and after a rough first half for myself (being pretty far behind) I managed to pull out a second half that rocked the show, well almost. I managed to make up about 10 seconds from the 1000m mark to the finish to sneak into 2nd place at the line a VERY close finish, the timers actually had to consult photo and video to determine, 1st 2nd and 3rd.
I have a lot to work on and although I am pleased with my race I know I could have drastically changed the result of the race by taking a few better strokes earlier on. In any case I did my best for today.
Despite a killer finish this still meant that I would not go on to trial on Thursday for the 1x at Worlds in Solvenia. However, the coaches met together, chatted and then presented an idea to the high performance director, an idea that changed the day and the summer for my fellow not first racer. The decision was made to allow this other girl and I to put a double together and trial it Thursday. If we come within 2% of the fastest boat on that day then we will be given the opportunity to race in Bled Slovenia and qualify for the Olympics. This is a great opportunity and we wasted no time in getting a boat all ready and getting some rows in. We have 2 more rows tomorrow to get ourselves on the same page and come Thursday morning we will race time trial style (not head to head) down the course with what we hope will be lightning speed.
I am so grateful for surprises. The Lord never ceases to amaze me and there are always little things he sets in motion far in advance to set us up for our goals, hopes and dreams. He was the first person I thanked at the end of the race, and I know He was smiling upon me today, but also saying "ok, this is nice but just wait until you see what is in store". At that time I had no idea but a few hours later a glimpse into the plan was clear.
My second thank you of course went to my husband as I know he got up at 6am his time and prayed for the time it takes to race, plus some just in case we were delayed. My next thank yous are for all of you, the family and friends that give me encouragement each day, and prayer. When I am feeling down or lost it is you who help me re-focus and press on. I really believe that the biggest part to success is the belief that one has in themselves and the belief that others have in you.
This is far longer than intended but I hope you are as excited as I am! You should be you are a part of this journey :) Please keep praying, Thursday 7am (6am CT) is the next big race and our last chance for this 2x this year. The Lords Will be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment