Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 3

As we finish out day 3 of Corgeno camp I am struggling to think of interesting things to tell you.  I think it is because of our pretty regular schedule, and even more regular repeat meals.  That said there were warm veggies last night, still overcooked but it is amazing how the temperature of the food can change how it tastes. 
Beyond the meals our day has been pretty uneventful.  We started the day with a wake up row at 6:30am after our morning monitoring, followed by a second breakfast and some free time.  A nap was a necessity.  Our second row was our main workout and consisted of some short pieces focusing on 3 parts of our race.  It is always fun to do side by side work with other boats and it always warrants some chats afterward with fellow teammates about how so and so did not execute the workout to the T (matters when it comes to comparing times... or so it does to some), or how the coach repeated the plan a billion times but with each time with some different inflection, all in all good pieces.
My partner and I are starting to hone in on some good things and we are constantly working toward perfection.  I doubt anyone can be perfect on race day but the goal is to have the least bad strokes so you always have to be prepared for anything.  After another lunch of the same food we had some time to again nap, see physio or massage and just relax before the last workout. 
I can't complain about the day, it definitely had its ups and downs but I think we have come out the other side in better straights.  I don't always understand how things go in life but I know I can trust the outcome to be good. 
OH you will be happy to know that we did not have any mysterious light or shower incidences last night after we went to bed.  Guess we won the heart of our ghost haha
And you will note the photo of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment