Okay Okay, I know I said I was going to write each day but I felt as though I was typing the same thing... repeaters like our meals so I felt it was best to give it a rest and wait a few days, and then "bang" it has come to the end of the week!
Here are some highlights of the Italy portion of this trip:
1. Speedos.... EVERYWHERE and seemingly on those who should perhaps not wear? Or should they?
2. Cold cooked veggies... and to mix it up, warm some days!
3. Turkey jerky or Chicken jerky at every meal... basically over cooked meat
4. Sweating so much that you can wring your clothes out after workouts
5. Lights that turn on themselves in the night
6. Tiny little ants everywhere in the room (you have to look closely to see them but they are there)
7. Giant spiders in the boat
Ok so I am being sarcastic, but here is the real list,
1. Beautiful water with a great view
2. A decent hotel with semi reliable internet
3. Gelato. Need I say more?
4. Fun cars
5. Progress in our rowing
6. Was treated to a home cooked meal by our hosts at the boathouse (best food all week!)
7. Adventure in every car ride (roads are tiny and people drive fast and care free)
8. Walking the boardwalk in Sesto Calende and enjoying some real town Italy
I could probably go on but that is my list for now. Unfortunately I did not get to see more of Italy but just enough to be intrigued by the possibilities.
As for rowing, it has been an up and down week but I think we are coming together. We had a great piece today which gave me the belief and confidence I need to step forward into Bled. It is one thing to tell yourself you can do it and another to truly believe. Sometimes it takes someone else to believe in you too, and to a coach and friend I have to say thank you for the encouragement.
Tomorrow we leave Italy with the work behind us and our future ahead. I am reminded everyday that I need to leave the details in God's hands and simply do the work to be prepared for the plan to come to fruition, whatever it might be.
So, please continue to pray for us as a boat and for the team. For continued health and healing (which is a big need, but I am certainly seeing and feeling the prayer daily! God can work miracles!), also for our courage, faith and trust to be rightly allocated. As always, your prayers will be returned to you 10 fold.
Next time you hear from me I will be in Slovenia!
PS: I will have to share my thoughts on a book I am reading right now at a different time, but it is about 6 women in the bible who are not talked about too much but played such a significant role in our history. I am finding some good lessons in each of them. If you want to check it out; Francine Rivers, A Lineage of Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment