Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meant to be Courageous

If you have not read it, I posted, today, a post I had drafted a few days ago in the low point of my week and perhaps my last few months.  I encourage you to read it as it may be the only time you see me so raw haha.  No, but seriously it amazes me how different today is because of that openess with God.

A song called You Lift me up by a band called The Afters says it so perfectly;
You lift me up with your love
You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wraps around me
So I'm letting go.
I can see the dawn is breaking
I can see I'm overtaken
With your love, with your love.

And there is so much more to this song, and even more to the words that we can experience but what a great encouragement especially looking back.

I am fatigued from training, and I am fatigued from the mental and emotional challenges both rowing and life brings but somehow amidst that God has shown me some sunshine, literally and figuarativly (even if it was AFTER the rainy/windy morning practice haha). 

I am done training for the day, a blessing.  We were actually told to just do something easy like walk... or in the words of our coach, GO SHOPPING!  haha I do have  a few errands to run and will more than likely get some pineapple coconut scones baked (gluten, dairy, egg free of course) and amidst that I will be walking hand in hand with my Father in heaven.  He gives me strength and if there is any river I should be seeking for refreshment HE IS IT!

Keep the prayers coming for me, for my mom, family and teammates.  I will continue to do the same for each of you.  I praise the Lord for each of you and your contribution to His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment