Monday, July 18, 2011

Put your Prayer Warrior panties on!

war·ri·or  (wôr-r, wr-)
n.
1. One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
2. One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict
 
I have just returned from a trip home to celebrate with my husband his great achievement, becoming a Naval Aviator for the US Coast Guard.  I was proud to see him receive his wings of gold, and had a great time celebrating with friends and family.  I wish I could say I was able to fully relax while home but unfortunately training to be the best requires you to be on top of workouts everyday.  So I continued my training back where it all started, on the erg in my kitchen. 
I don't want to take away from the fun I had while home, and how nice it was to experience a day in my husband's life for once but soon after arriving home I received an email from the training center coaches describing the plan for the sculling group.  I think I might have mentioned it in my last post but the double (2x) that was sent to World Cup 3 did not do terribly well and so Rowing Canada had some tough decisions to make about where the program was headed and how to proceed to World Championships (the first Olympic qualifier).  In the end it was decided that the only boat being considered for that race will be the single (1x).  This requires those of us at the center to do a head to head race to find the fastest single who will then race against the top single sculler in Canada.  The fastest person will then be considered to take part in the World championship race in Bled, Slovenia at the end of the summer.  Needless to say when I read the news my heart sank.  My thoughts were immediately turned to "does this mean I am done? How am I going to make it anywhere with this news?".  I was also quickly reminded by the Big Guy that I need to continue keeping faith.  I definitely have had to come to grips with that.  I am constantly praying for the Lord to calm my heart and mind and for me to just do what I love and do it with a joyful and eager heart. 
But back to getting the news.  On my travels back to Canada I started to think about my reaction to the email, and I thought about the discouragement I felt in it.  It was and sometimes is easy for me to think, I am done this is it and get tired and worn out thinking about the what ifs.  But what I realized yesterday was that what I am doing is not easy, it is not for anyone and it definitely requires one to see beyond a set back.  Or is it a setback?  If this is all part of God's plan then the only setback is the one I am having personally with my faith and trust in God's Will.  Whether that involves my success or that of someone else.

I really am jumping around a lot, which comes from posting before I have processed all this information.  I am still doing my best to take every step forward with a heart and mind if faith but I do need prayer and lots of it.  Thursday will help determine what happens for the rest of the year for me, not necessarily the end but the beginning of something.  I would love to race the single at Worlds, which is hard to fathom right now, but after my experience at the National regatta last year (see first post) after having very little coaching I have to believe anything is possible. 

Some of you have asked me what you can do for me and here it is;
Pray for:
1.  Courage to do God's Will, whatever that entails ( failure or success).
2.  Health; injury, illness free and energy full
3.  My teammates
4.  The ability to do my best on race day, as well as the ideal conditions to do so, whether that is rain, wind, sleet hail, snow or a beautiful calm sunny day.

I have no idea if I have left lose ends but let me know if you have questions or anything, I am always here and always want to give you the most of my experiences.  Thank you in advance for your prayer, I will certainly be praying thanks through the week :)  Some say "put your party panties on", but this week my theme is "put your prayer warrior panties on".  For men feel free to stick to briefs or boxers or whatever it is you wear :) Despite what you call them, put the prayer on just like you put your undies on each morning;  As the first essential item to start your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment