As I was out for a run on the trails yesterday I could not help but be filled with a sense of awe and gratitude for all I have been given. They skies were blue, the grass green and even the Trillium flowers were in full bloom (for those that do not know the trillium is the provincial flower in Ontario). I was plugged into my mp3 which happened to play a great series of songs by some Christian artists reminding me of the joy I have in Christ.
The last week or so has been tough, but not necessarily bad. It has been 3 weeks since I was pulled from the boat with my rib fracture and although it has felt like twice that time, it dawned on me yet again the miracles that God works in our everyday ordinary lives. Before Easter the team physio who has been keeping an eye on my injury told me it was very unlikely I would be getting back into the boat before the Selection trials that are happening here this weekend unless. he said in an unconvinced and slightly laughing tone, a miracle happened. This injury typically takes a solid 6 weeks to heal up and although I will not be racing this weekend I believe that God is working his miracles to heal my body in perfect time. I am still way ahead of schedule and as of today can row 2 minutes on the rowing machine each day! Sounds like peanuts to most but it is such an encouragement to me. Any little bit counts and allows me to see and feel the progress.
I am so grateful to have someone I can always trust in and leave my sorrows and stresses with. My burden is lightened by God and I am almost tearful about the fact that I have not had a mental breakdown over this whole injury situation. I see Him moving and so I am going to move with Him wherever that takes me and whatever it is I have to do.
Unfortunately not everyone has this security and in the last few weeks more girls have been added to the injury list, and funny as it seems the 2 others are 2 of my 3 roommates. I never thought about it much but perhaps there is a reason for this I don't know. In any case what saddens me is how lost they seem and how insecure they are in their injury. It does not help that they both fight for whatever they get; They work incredibly hard for every inch and they have wonderful personalities, I am encouraged by them often. But they spend so much time lately worrying about their place on the team and what their time out with injury means to their future in the sport, or at least for this year. The regatta this weekend is a big one for us as it ranks us and gives the coaches data to decide if we continue onto selection. For those that are injured there are many possibilities depending on the results of those we train with. I have less to worry about as I have by the grace of God been given great improvements before my injury which put me in contention for selection, but the other girls, like I said have to work super hard for every inch and feel uncertain about their place after this weekend.
I am rambling I guess, but what I want to get out is how important we can be to our teammates, roommates, spouses, friends, family, coworkers etc. We may not always have a chance to share our faith verbally but like I said in my last post, we can lead by action and we can encourage these people by our faith. Sometimes this even leads to questions. People are curious about the joy of others who are in less than ideal situations, especially when they are searching for a safety net.
I am being taught all sorts of little and big things in what seem like silly life situations and often don't realize how sneaky God is about it all haha, like sneaking veggies into a kid's favourite dinner food or I suppose it would be more like the reverse sometimes haha. We always have a choice to see the lessons and use them.
Well, those are my thoughts for the moment. I am always blogging in my head, I wish I had a notebook with me at all times to I could stop and write when I think of things to talk about. I am done my workouts for the day which included a Spin class at 6am followed by some stair climbing intervals and the arc trainer! Woo hoo! The program I have written for tomorrow reads; Stair Climber - Trail Run - Something not boring!
I am going crazy! I need some new workouts! If you have a favourite let me know I would love to join you some morning in spirit!
No comments:
Post a Comment