Today I have a quick prayer request. I should have posted this yesterday, but asking for help is not typically my forte.
Today (Tuesday) I have a consultation and possibly a test for my compartment syndrome. For those who don't remember my earlier posts, it is the condition that originally took me out of the sport of rowing. It causes great discomfort during intense exercise and limits my mobility at times.
Fortunately I have been able to adapt a bit to make things work for me to row again but the doctors I have talked to here feel it is important to have it looked at and dealt with if deemed necessary. I have been so fortunate to have a great medical staff who has taken initiative in this and I got an appt for today which can be immediately followed by the testing. This is not a common occurrence, so I know God has his hand in this.
The consult will be somewhat simple and the doctor will either concur with the other doctor I had look at it, or she will look at other possibilities for the problem. If she deems it to be a possible compartment case, the test will involve putting a large needle around the size of a turkey baster into the affected compartment to test the pressure. I will then have to perform an activity that causes a flare up, and they will test again to see the changes in pressure. If they are too great it will confirm compartment, otherwise I am no further ahead.
The tricky part right now is that because of the rib injury I have currently I cannot use the rowing machine, which is what tends to flare it the most. My request is that you pray for the results to show what they need to despite the activity I do. Pray that there are answers, even if it is not compartment syndrome, and if it is that the tests will show decisively. I know the Lord has me here for a good reason, I know His plan is not completed yet in me, but I am also trying to rest in this assurance.
Thank you so much for your prayers, I often feel the uplift of what could only be your spiritual support and the Lord's peace. Enjoy your week, reflect on God's great sacrifices, and the mission he set forth for us as we approach His forgiving, all loving death.
He has overcome this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment