Thursday, March 22, 2012

The latest and greatest

Hello!
There is a lot of new news here but nothing too riveting. 
As I posted a while back I went to a camp in Sacramento, which was a great experience overall despite challenging my mental confidence I came away stronger... oh well besides that impending rib fracture thing...
In the last day or so of camp it would turn out that I caused another rib stress fracture but on my left side instead of my usual right.  Fortunately after only a couple of days I decided to pull myself from the water and start trying to get a handle on the pain and inflammation.
From that point forward I have been off the water (now 2 weeks) and my life or rather my rowing life has been flipped upside down once again.  With 2 more weeks minimum of recovery I was not invited, despite my best efforts to the last Sacramento camp happening as we speak, and I am on my way back to London to join my old group for non Olympic events for the year.  My dream remains the same as I get myself back to full health using the bike, and running as my workouts.

Yesterday I left Victoria, with some sadness, to our home in Oregon where I will spend a few days and work my way back to Ontario with my husband from there.

I am still looking forward what lies ahead, and despite the changes I am always reminded that God has things under control... not me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment