Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hope in the Lord, He will renew strength

It is hard to keep my head on straight when I am fatigued, feeling a time crunch and comparing myself to others who in the end I will be faster than.be
Camp is going well, I am learning a lot from my new 2x partner (temporary as HE is male haha).  He is a multiple time world and Olympic champ and has so much great experience and way of explaining things that makes sense.  We have made some great changes in our boat and I am feeling like I should be stronger for it.  The catch comes when I get in the 1x.  I feel slow (and comparatively am) and have not been able to transition the technical changes from the 2x to the 1x completely...yet.  The most difficult part is the time crunch that is present but I keep imposing more on myself than necessary.

I am tired, my body is on the edge but I also know that good things can happen with patience.  God continues to be good to me and gives me strength when I need it most and I will continue to trust His plan for me.  What I need to do is start fighting against the powers of negative suggestion, spiritual battering and discouragement that comes through my own thoughts but most likely egged on my Satan. 
Most of you reading probably know me well enough to laugh at my constant battle of feeling fast enough or good enough.  I do realize how silly it sounds when other times I am so sure of the next step but it still does not change the feeling of being in a pit of frustration and discouragement. 

On a more positive note, I have been encouraged during a challenging piece by Isaiah 40:28-31;
"Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary and  His understanding no one can fathom.
Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles;  They will run and not grow weary;  The will walk and not grow faint.

I just kept repeating the last part in my head as we crossed the line and I know Jesus reminds me in small things of His power and might.  I would encourage you to look closely at the entire chapter of Isaiah 40.  I just read over the whole thing again and man does it speak volumes to a people who were wandering the desert for YEARS!  An 8 day trip that was prolonged simply because they could not leave their lives to God's keeping.  I don't want to wander for years I want to stay focused and trust in God, not looking to the left or the right.

Despite my struggle I feel that I am going to come out the other side faster;  this is a time of breaking down then building back up stronger than before.  Patience, trust and courage are the keys to making it back on top.
Prayer requests:
-  Injury -  I have been holding up ok but having some rib issues that are manageable right now but hope to clear it right up!
-  Sleep!  I am not really sleeping well and most certainly need it.
-  I need to keep focused and free from Satan's grasp.  I want people to notice something different about me, so they will start to think twice about who leads their life.
-  Continued safety and recovery for all the athletes and discernment for the coaches and staff.

I thank God for my supporters, the ones I know and don't.  On hard days I can hear individuals cheering me on and reminding me of what I have set out to do. 

Live, boldly, hold open your hands and raise them high!

No comments:

Post a Comment