Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Success!

A Little late is better than never!  Or rather this is right on time.

This past week has been a good one of training.  I did re-test the 2k last monday only to just miss out by 1.3 seconds.  However, yesterday I had one last chance to do it and went under 7 minutes for a grand time of 6:58.7.  As a coach said to me today "it is nothing that makes you stand out from the crowd but you have met our standard".  I was quite pleased with the result and still am amazed that it happened.  I was not feeling the strongest but I definitely was prepared to be and I guess that is the side that showed up today.

So today started a new day and well, I am excited about the prospects for me, but am now having to take on a new, but old challenge.  As I mentioned in my first post I have had difficulties with my legs.  It is something that has not gone away but I have been able to manage for the last year or so that I have been on my own.  This past week it started to rear its ugly head and although I am trying to be proactive about it, I still feel rather anxious.  I have seen a great doc for it who is going to pull some things together so I can hopefully get a good diagnosis and prompt treatment.  I am thankful for the resources available to me here.
 The hardest part about this "injury" is that no one can really see the pain or problem until it is so far out of control.  This makes it hard for me mentally as workouts like today (red line workout- basically sit in your cat 3-5 for 45 mins straight) become a great challenge especially after an all out effort yesterday.  In any case I have to go back to trusting that things will work out, and that I am here for a reason.  The Lord will provide answers in His time and I just need to persevere.

So enough of the dower stuff!  Besides a great test this week I am looking forward to heading on a training camp with the team where we will be on the water!  Yea!  I am so excited to have scenery and the feeling of the water again.  It will bring its own challenges but I am ready to take them on. 

I guess that is it for now, just know I am making gains and learning a lot!  The coaches are great and the athletes provide a great support network as do all of you!  Thanks for your prayer, thoughts you send my way, I feel them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment