I don't know if it is a lack of inspiration or laziness.. perhaps both, that has created such a long stretch since my last post. Whatever the reason, it is time to get back to it!
It has been almost 2 months since the end of the World Championships, and it feels like 10. It goes to show how insignificant these things are in the grand scheme of life. I think I have forgotten that in the last weeks. Even my lack of posting on this blog is an example of it, in a backwards way. I have been so wrapped up in training for the National regatta that is happening in 2 weeks time and what this means for my career that I did not take the time to sit and write to those who support me and in the end will be here for me no matter the result of this race. In the end I see it as a good indicator that I need to remember the real reason I am here and the real reason I have been given the life I have; to glorify God and do His work with every breath I have. I fail to acknowledge this often. I say acknowledge because I know God has a plan, and I know he will see it through so I do not need to worry, however, I seem to enjoy taking back the reigns when things look good, or when God is sitting back waiting for the next moment to intervene. I did not realize how much writing this blog is a way for me to connect with God and His people. So, this is for getting back on track, for going back to where it began both in a walk with God but more so my walk with Him in this athletic journey.
It was a little over a year ago when I stepped out my door in Florida, car packed up with my boat and my little puppies looking at me with knowing sad eyes. That day I left not even knowing if I would get an entry into the provincial race to qualify for Nationals, but less than a month later, I was sitting at the finish line of Nationals in Victoria speechless. God had taken the lead in my life the moment I made the decision to row again and sure enough the outcome was all his doing. Sooo why do I keep trying to do it myself? Good question.
Fortunately God has more patience than I could ever fathom and He continues to take me on this journey because I have a passion and for hard to understand reasons, God loves me so much he wants me to have the desires of my heart.
My goal since returning from Worlds has been to stay healthy and to gain strength needed to be the fastest I can be so that when the National regatta comes around I can say I did everything to put myself in a position to continue on here at the center. Some of you may already know, but the National Regatta (NRC) is an event where all Canadian rowers who want to be considered for the National team (specifically Olympic this year) must compete. For the female scullers (of which I am a part) this regatta could be the end or continuation of the program. We must to exceptionally well in order to be considered for the last chance Olympic qualifier and hence my worries lately. The training has been going well, although I feel slow and have no concept of my relative speed to other athletes. This has been somewhat of a distraction, one that I now realize is needless; why should I be worried (#1), and why should I care about the speed of others. All I should be focused on is myself and my goals. Beyond even rowing I have been realizing that my goals need to be directed heavenward, and by that I mean, everything I do should be to further God's kingdom. I know I can enjoy things on the way, but every opportunity that God gives us in life is an opportunity for sharing His love. I have to remind myself of this every morning.
With these little reminders and epiphanies I know that whatever happens in 2 weeks will be of God's will. He has done immeasurably great things for me even before I was born, and He promises to be the same forever now and always, so guess what? He is going to do just as great things each day for me as I walk with Him.
I have started to give prayer requests at the end of each of these posts, and I am going to continue that. So, if you are the praying type (even if you are not give it a shot!) here are a few requests;
1. Continued health
2. Focus, courage, faith and vision in training and the uknown
3. That my interaction with teammates would be pleasing to God and would lead to some recognition of the God who gives us all that we have.
These are the big ones, but weather, safety etc are all ongoing issues also.
Well that is it! Time to hit the weight room! Back on track and headed for success!
No comments:
Post a Comment